Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightyear....What is spread like

• 05-04-2024 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was a attracted to Trade republic for the 4% interest and bought some shares with a €1 fee. I was thinking I should sell some and buy back in order to max out the 1270 Capital gains tax each year. However I've noticed that the spread on the share prices is very large, on AIB for exmple I'd lose 5% of my shares. I believe Trade republic use an intermediate to trade so you are not dealing directly with the market.

I don't trade big amounts. Does anybody use Lightyear? Does it offer a more reasonable spread? I could sell enough to make €1270 profit and then buy them back in another app which offers better value.

Thanks

Advertisement