Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lime build up in sewer pipe to septic tank

Options
  • 05-04-2024 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

as title says lime build up in bottom of sewage pipe, the flow on the pipe isnt the greatest to begin with, but paper is snagging on the lime and slowly blocking up the pipe.

Can I pour vinegar down the pipe from inspection point and leave it sit overnight to break up the lime?

Will the vinegar affect my septic tank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭dathi

the usual cause of lime build up in a sewage pipe is the constant slow flow of water. check the ball cock and overflow on your toilet to make sure that it is not slowly running water into the toilet bowl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Are you sure it's lime? Washing detergents and soaps can cause a solid build up in sewer pipes. It's what always caused blockages to my septic tank.

Advertisement