Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abusive postman

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Yoshimi79

Sure what's wrong with calling someone a f*****g useless c**t?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

It's potentially offensive if said to your face. It's not offensive if you are asleep and view it afterwards on a Ring app.

OP, I say some horrible things, most of the time directed at myself. Sometime I am a useless dumb xxxx.

Focus on yourself and getting better. You can't worry about the post man. He might be having a really bad day. You don't know what's going on in his life. That day might have been truly aweful for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

"so if I'm wrong accept my apology" I was wrong so, but look up the meaning of "bed bound". If you are recovering from a stroke this is hardly going to help you recover.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

The Keele University researchers found that swearing can increase a person's pain tolerance by up to 33 percent.

The postman may have been using this technique.

I use it all the time when encountering physical pain and mental pain.

It works a treat especially when dealing with people of this world.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

It's likely more about him and his problems, than it is about you. You were probably just the momentary scapegoat for their frustrations. Try not take it (or anything said in haste) to heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

With all due respect, if you can get about by using a wheelchair, then you are not bedbound.

Mobility impaired, yes. Bedbound, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dazzler101

Was probably a bit ignorant by the postman. But For your own sake It would just forget about it and move on. life is too short!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Send the footage to An Post customer service, totally unprofessional behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He swore at the doorbell not at a person. No big deal.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Why would you want to encourage that?

Perhaps he forgot that he was meant to make the kids lunch. Perhaps he is parenting on his own. Perhaps he placed a stupid bet on the horses the day before. Perhaps he was having a bad day.

Do you ever speak out not expecting that people are desperately trying to find offence, even by replaying footage after a good snooze.

I wondered why delivery drivers stopped ringing the doorbell and just leaving the parcel. I now understand.

Okay. This is my last comment here as I realise that 9 out of 10 people are just keyboard warriors just like that cowardly postman. Most of you have nothing else to be doing. I'll come back here to let ye know the outcome of the An Post/Comreg investigation. Like it or not, while at my front door Mr Postman was at his place of work and has to adhere to certain rules of conduct/behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Some people….

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,066 ✭✭✭CoBo55

This should be good, I've tapped the star😏

I don't know about your own self-talk, but please tell me you don't call yourself a useless cnut?

You choose to insert that word. I said xxxx

please do not Imply that that is what I said.

I have many other words that I privately say to myself. You cannot .....cannot find offence with that.

Perhaps he is parenting on his own. Perhaps he placed a stupid bet on the horses the day before.

So, he's either talking to his kid (!) or himself in these scenarios, which you obviously think as reasonable enough, hence my question to you. That's not hard to understand is it?

Was his kid in the video????

You choose to use a word beginning with C that I did not.

Please don't make your issues mine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Well in that case you need to have a serious talk with yourself, because complaining about a postman abusing a door bell is not the way to go!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement