Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External PoE cameras

• 06-04-2024 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭

I've wired the house and put CAT6 cables in for cameras. I've been thinking about a Reolink system ( https://reolink.com/product/rlk8-811b4-a/ ) but is there something better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

was coming in to post my own question and saw your with no answer. So thought I’d give you something at least. I have a 7 year old hikvision 1080p 4mb system ( which is a 10 year old design at least) let me give you my two cents.
    these are Poe and up in the eaves. Issue with that as any garda will tell you get a fine view of top of the heads which are hoodies. Are they useful? Yes, they let you know when someone is around and you can see what they are at. But in terms of being useful for a prosecution, nah. Only good for the community Garda who will know by the clothes who they are.
    1 of cams is playing up and it’s painful to diagnose and swap. I live in a tall 2 story.
    my best cameras

I have 3 ring outdoor cams and a doorbell (in addition) they give me a lot of detail, no issues and I can tap into them anytime. And no wires. They are pretty much at head height also.

So before hitting the button on an nvr solution, look to the wireless options that you can place anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭altor

Placing of the cameras is paramount when you need to review footage so I agree with what you said above except the wireless options. Most only record motion detection which might not suit in most situations.

Wired IMO is the better option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

especially since some delivery drivers are jamming door bell cameras to avoid being photoed ned when they shag the package out while moving!

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement