Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance claim after a fire

Options
  • 06-04-2024 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, can anyone recommend best process to take dealing with a claim after a house fire. Not for myself, but my parents.

Fire originated in neighbours property. Substantial damage involved. Would a public loss assessor be ideal? They seem to have a standard fee of 10%, which seems quite high.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

If it's a large enough claim, a public loss assessor would be a good idea. They can expedite matters and often spot damage that may not be obvious to you. The also know the full benefits available under your policy and can argue technical issues with the insurer.

If I had a fire, storm or water damage claim, I'd engage one and I have over 40 years experexperienci n the business, many as a claims handler. Let's just say that a good loss assessor should be able to include a good chunk of his/her fee in your settlement

Advertisement