Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden office floor advice

• 08-04-2024 9:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

I had a prefab insulated garden office/shed combo delivered a couple of weeks ago and I’m trying to decide on floor for the office side.

The slab it’s bolted to is not insulated, and once structure wasfitted it had damp proof course and screed floor inside - not insulated.

For the shed side I picked up some commercial gym grade 1m x 1m x 15mm rubber floor tiles and they are awesome. For the office side I’m completely lost. Initially I was thinking of going with the same rubber tiles, but it might be a bit too industrial chic. Someone recommended insulated OSB sheets, but they don’t seem to be easily got so was considering 25mm insulation board with a laminate or lino floor on top, but can you walk on insulation board? I could also probably go with the rubber tiles and put a floor on top?

Curious to know if anyone has been in the same situation and what you done?

Advertisement