Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant dying

Options
  • 08-04-2024 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭

Any way to save this? Also keen to hear what could have gone wrong as it's happened out of the blue that leaves suddenly started withering. It has enough water, south facing light as always. It's a year old and was healthy till now. Only things I can think of is 1) it needs repotting which has never been done or 2) it needs some kind of plant feed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

That plant looks like it needs a much bigger pot. I imagine it should recover with more root space.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

have a much bigger version of this plant, about 5ft -!: it’s green but it’s always struggled. Must repot it this summer to see if it makes a difference. Platted trunk

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It seems likely that you may have overwatered it, I agree the pot does not look big enough. If you lift the plant out of its pot and look at the roots, are they black and matted? I suspect it may be too late for it.

Advertisement