Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bus gates on Bachelors Walk and Aston Quay

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

The cars are the problem in the city centre area. Taxis can be a problem but perhaps they should be allowed to use the bus lanes outside of the city core.

I always remember the early days of the covid lockdown it was possible to drive the 16 from Ballinteer to the Airport in less than an hour during the day while driv8ng between 30 and 40 km/h. If the congestion was removed you could increase the frequency or reduce the amount of buses on a route, therefore allowing expansion of others.

Even now the 24hr bus lanes on Swords Road still have cars in them, same on Finglas Road, especially on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭halfpastneverr

25-30 mins March/April 2020 from Browns Barn to Ormond Quay Mon-Fri on the 69. Takes 25+ mins alone to get from there through Clondalkin and out onto the Naas Road these days. One of my only positive memories of the dark days of the pandemic!

If buses were given any advantage vs car traffic, we would have a very decent bus system in this city. Hopefully, DCC manage to defeat the car park lobby (I mean 'disability advocates') and get the bus gates & camera enforcement of lanes and junctions in.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭tubbs26

Is there a map showing where will be blocked off to cars exactly? I can't see one anywhere.

I noticed a comment in the independent that cars won't be able to turn left on westland row to pearse street.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

You can find the confirmed details in my post on the first page of this thread. I think there might be maps in the Transport Plan actually

• Registered Users Posts: 10,631 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah there are a few Public Realm maps in section 9:

https://consultation.dublincity.ie/traffic-and-transport/draft-dublin-city-centre-transport-plan/supporting_documents/Draft%20Dublin%20City%20Centre%20Transport%20Plan%202023.pdf

But we don't know specific traffic routing plans yet, only where the cars can't be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement