Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Matter [Apple TV+]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I saw this and thought, great another season of dark matter! Then saw this is a new different show with the same name

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks for this, this should be good. I enjoyed the book very much. A bit of sci-fi, mystery, time travel, romance ,suspense, more mystery.

I do find Apple TV pick good stories and they do them well. Looking forward to this. And of course to 'Murderbot' which will be a bit further down the road, currently filming.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 _BAA_RAM_EWE

has a "lost" vibe to it. that's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,631 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Cant really subscribe a 'vibe' to it unless you know the book. It's nothing like 'Lost'. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well that first episode was certainly strange anyway. 3 episodes out so will watch the next one later.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

will have to do a download on that, dont have apple tv

Ms

This has gotten really good. I must say I say the twist in episode 4 before thet said it. Great show. Deserves to do well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Agreed really looking like a great show bit of feel similar to fringe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught the first 3 episodes and quite liking it. Good central performances and they haven't oversold the cuckoo family drama.

Crazy how multiverses became so mainstream so quickly.

Ms

I think it very similar to Sliders myself but done slightly differently. Loved the latest episode. So well done.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭pureza

Yes do ya know really enjoying this show so far,plenty of intrigue and Sci Fi,had episode 3 and 4 for a flight last week and it really helped the time go by

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

3 episodes in and I'm done, I think it's abysmal. The way he tries to explain the science of what's going on is comically bad. And I find him hard to look at as well, he's not downright ugly just hard to look at it is the way I'd put it. The acting in generally pretty awful too but that can happen with a terrible script. Makes Constellation look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,084 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

For some peculiar reason I found the eighth episode highly amusing, it was feckin crazy. 😁

It will be interesting to see how it's wrapped up in episode 9, if it is wrapped up that is. 😜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

5 episodes down and It has been a slow burn so my patience has been occasionally tested but I've enjoyed this faintly grounded approach to the multiverse. Kinda nonsense as the concept kinda invites it and I'm sure "super position" isn't as simple as taking some drugs, but at least it has been ... convincing technobabble of sorts.

Also had to adjust my expectation that this wouldn't be a show where we'd see, I dunno, a zombie universe, or a universe where France rules the world etc. etc. Though somewhat miserable that 90% of the universes we have visited have been apocalyptic.

I'm on he latest episode 8,I think and still really enjoying it

I used like The time tunnel maybe thats it

Also its starting a new twist of interesting in the last 2 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Mind blown episode - which is the one we've been watching the past 7 episodes? Is that really him or…

I think the cops and the CSI folks would have a complete mess on their hands with what happened in that episode. It could end up being a series on its own. :P

The final episode was a little zany

Felt like a bit of let down after last weeks episode - lets all be friends and forgive each other

• Advertisement

It looks like they want to take it further judging from the last couple of short scenes, but what another series would entail is anyone's guess. 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Charlo30

Started this last night. 2 episodes in and so far enjoying it.

Ms

Just watched the last episode there. Makes no sense.

I think they should not have to leave there world for one, all the other Jasons should have ho leave. Surely it would not be hard for box maker Jason to make more of the drug. He obviously knows how. It really made no sense why they all ended up on that World anyway. I think season 2 will be about the family trying to find a home of there own if it gets a season 2.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Thought the same - they only had some 40 ampoules left and assumed he had no way of making more on this earth but why they ended up together - Jason 1 did say he created multiples of himself…so they had no other home to go to, this was their home. All a bit confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Finished watching episodes 8 and 9 last night. After ep 7 which was brilliant I was really hoping for a face off situation with Jason 1 vs 2 after that. The multi Jason 1 direction was a let down for me, but it did explain the ending of ep 7 which wouldn't have made sense otherwise - I was left wondering why Jason 2 would be in a gun store at the end.

Finished series last night, cant seem to put text before spoiler.

Advertisement