Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curragh Farm Estate - good place to buy a new build?

Options
  • 11-04-2024 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

Myself and partnert are planning on booking a house in Curragh Farm, Ballymany, Moorefield.

Would really appreciate if we can get some information about the estate and area in general. What is the area like? Is it safe? Have read about Newbridge being rough anti-anti-social. But I guess it can be said for any place. We work in Dublin so how is the commute and the traffic? Overall, would really like to get an idea of the area and Newbridge itself.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 howdo1992

Hey,

Im not local but just bought in newbridge and working in ballymany. Like you I read lots of stuff about anti social behaviour. Funnily enough it came out on top as the town with lowest crime rate in Ireland, by some national report recently. So don’t know what to believe.

I’ve had no trouble so far. You do see the odd dodgy looking character around the place, but never had any issues. There’s an addiction centre in the town so that may be where they are coming from.

Overall Im happy so far, town is great shopping wise. For your commute not sure if the train is an option, brings you to heuston. Otherwise traffic can get bad on n7 and the slip road to motorway near ballymany. Hard to predict. Probably want to give yourself 1 hr at least to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭JVince

Its a nice estate - premium prices. If you can use the train, then the station is about 5/6 min away by car if the back entrance has been opened. New fare structure comes into force soon which will bring fares down quite a bit.

If going to Dublin by car and can avoid rush hour (leave by 6.45am) you won't find too much traffic unless there's an accident.

Newbridge has not any more issues than any other town - probably has less as a lot of those who did cause problems have grown up and there's also a lot more for kids to do in terms of clubs

Advertisement