Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing 2 warnings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

May I ask for advice ? I can’t see where else to ask.

Two warnings in the same day, from what I can see the same moderator. Both I disputed - one has no basis (this was ignored) and one I was asked to explain myself (perhaps I allowed myself to reply to someone absolutely trolling - and happy to say sorry, although they were more in the wrong in my opinion).

Anyway, I now can’t post often and I’ve bars on my avatar! I was told to go to “dispute resolution” to discuss but I can’t start a post!

Where should I go next please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Thank you kindly to whoever moved this here - much appreciated.

The first warning was for noting that a migrant being interviewed on the Virgin Media programme about immigration has been WIDELY acknowledged on social media and by many commentators as being a wanted Turkish fugitive. He was even wearing a scarf representing the banned PKK movement. This was called a “baseless allegation” which is far from true as a simple Google search would show.

My request to have this looked at was ignored by the moderator who added the warning.

The second, from the same moderator was for calling a post “nonsense to be ignored”. Perhaps not my finest hour and I’m willing to apologise but the poster themselves was trying yo derail discussion of a serious matter and wasn’t debating in good faith.

I did receive a curt reply to this one to the effect of “explain it then” where I showed I was happy to apologise but again, no reply.

I’m now getting the above on my account too.

I think at the very least the first warning is very unfair and I would hate any kind of ban to be based on this. I would like this to be looked at please.

Thank you for your time on this and thank you the posters who advised on the process.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement