Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger The End ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tiger is gone. Has been for a many years now. Not exciting. Nothing new. Much better players on the tour than him.

He has the legacy name though. That’s all his worth nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I guess it's a little similar to me watching Seve hack it around in the 90s.

I hadn't seen his glory days, so was a little perplexed watching him get so much coverage on the ET whenever he infrequently teed it up.

I have seen almost every moment of Tiger's dominance, so I don't really mind seeing him quite a bit now, it doesn't detract from the coverage for me as it'd be poor whether they were showing Tiger or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 animajic

I'm in that boat of having been too young to watch Tiger in his prime, so I appreciate any time he's out there playing and I hope to see glimpses of the quality he has/had, purely because I missed out of seeing that in the dominant years. But seeing him limp around courses after a couple of days and struggling to make shots is just sad for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

This…..

Pisses me off when you see footage of him getting out of a car, going to the locker room, endless range shots, etc when there is golf being played on the course that i want to see

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I believe he can do it, he can drive and play all the shots and take the birdies down.

Rust is the issue and that rust leads to too many bogeys so if he was back playing 20 events a year then maybe, just maybe…

12 events a year is a no no

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

I agree although I say he is practising a lot. You need to be competition sharp..

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭rooney30

An Open in benign conditions , burnt out course , playing hard and fast , he’ll still believe he has a chance . The other 3 majors are beyond him at this stage you’d have to think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,574 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

What’s the issue with him playing? Former champions have played for years after they stopped being relevant on tour, it is one of the benefits of being a masters winner.

His son tried to qualify for the US Open so it appears that he sees his future in golf, what an achievement that would be if they both played in the same Major.

There is also a hundred million reasons for Tiger continuing to show up at PGA Tour events, that certainly makes the pain more bearable.

And you would never know, as someone mentioned Tom Watson almost winning a major, with Tiger’s skill, mindset and the right conditions, who would be shocked if he added another one? Having said that, I very much doubt it would be a Masters, more likely to be an Open on a dry windy course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

if people question eldrick appeal. He has launched his online store for his red sun day brand. $50 for a ball marker and it’s sold out

Wow He's obviously not aiming this new gear at the average Joes, it's $175 for one of the polos

• Advertisement

There are probably enough average Joes paying $500 for a new driver and $1k for irons to pay for Tiger polos. As a beer maker once said, reassuringly expensive.

Post edited by Dav010 on

Oh no doubt there's still a massive amount of people ready to pay for all his new stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

i thought you were taking the mick, but there you have it…. yanks have it sold out already

https://www.sundayred.com/limited-edition-ball-marker-i/DW-LU045.html

https://www.sundayred.com/limited-edition-ball-marker-i/DW-LU045.html

I wish I was. These are the reasons why when he plays he gets wall to wall coverage. He attracts eyes and for media that means bigger money for ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Doc07

Unfortunately with plain crew neck t shirts by brands I never heard of until recently like Balenciaga going for €500 or more, the Tiger polo is practically TK Max priced 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 20,910 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Knew Tiger thing would work ..horrible logo and name ..but doesn't matter....

But some of the prices are mental posted here...world is actually mental .

Cost of all golf related items gone truly daft..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭newport2

Don't worry if you missed it, you can pick one up on ebay now for $275 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

starts flogging his stuff at 5m 20s

Taste is subjective, I like the logo, not enough to buy them though.

I guess so

But you genuinely like this ? - it looks like something you would see stuck up in a diner / chipper in 1980 - now as we found out Tiger spent a good bit of time hanging out at the back of Diners - so fair enough.

• Advertisement

I suspect that is a play on bunker racks as well as tiger stripes.

Serious - it is absolutely brutal - more so if that is the case.

Maybe you get use to them over time -

But I liked this

15 stripes. One for each major he’s won.

I’m personally bored of him talking about body in pain after a round of golf. Either quit or shut up. It’s like he wants the attention of poor eldrick playing golf in pain. Thing is nobody he has only himself to blame for the car crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭blackbox

I think it's a shame that he's not allowed to use a buggy. The spectators aren't paying to see him walk.

The guy won a major with a broken leg, and given the number of back/knee surgeries he’s had, I’m pretty sure he has been playing through the pain for years.

I’m sure he’s not the only one in pain. He just doesn’t let up on. He coulet say if I wasn’t good I wouldn’t be here and move on. No he has to go into how much pain he is. You’re either fit to play or not. If not then should be elsewhere getting fit enough.

Rules are rules and shouldn’t be amending rules just for one player as then unfair for others. Maybe Liv will let him have a buggy

There must be something to be said for a guy as rich and successful as him, with nothing left to prove, turning up to play despite the injuries/pain. The ultimate competitor, we may not see him playing for much longer, so I disagree with you, I want to see him play as much as he can.

I really don't like to see him struggle and limp around the place. He is also sweating a bit crazy and is clearly on lots of medication too.

Don't like it at all.

• Advertisement

So the pga tour have given eldrick a special exemption to play the signature events next year. How many will he play is anyone’s guess but unless he plays more he hasn’t a hope in winning a monthly medal never mind major

Advertisement