Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 2024 - Round 5 - Shanghai, China

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭SimpleDimple

agreed the f1tv app is great. I used it back before the vpn lockout and much preferred it to sky. There’s no stirring drama like Sky do during the race

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I was going to post the same clip, bit nauseating from Karun there. Crystal ball my arse!

Merc only gave him a 2 year deal with the second year being optional - he knows he’s not wanted there long term. He also knows Merc are not the great team they once were, this is the third year they have failed to get on top of the rules - the cars will change very little next year as they will all be focusing on 2026 so Merc will most likely not be fighting for the title in 2025 either. He can see Ferrari are ahead of Merc performance wise so when they come knocking at his door again with bags of money - why wouldn’t he jump ship. A fresh start for the latter part of his career. Crystal fecking ball… 😂

On a related note, Toto’s public praise of Max is still ongoing I see - “the quickest car in the hands of the quickest driver” was the latest remark I read (he’s not wrong). I do wonder how Lewis and George feel about that, more so George since he’s stuck there for the time being. Toto should forget about Max and focus on his technical team instead - they’re not up to the job anymore. I wouldn’t be putting any money on them getting on top of the new rules coming in 2026 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Merc only gave him a 2 year deal with the second year being optional - he knows he’s not wanted there long term. He also knows Merc are not the great team they once were, this is the third year they have failed to get on top of the rules - the cars will change very little next year as they will all be focusing on 2026 so Merc will most likely not be fighting for the title in 2025 either. He can see Ferrari are ahead of Merc performance wise so when they come knocking at his door again with bags of money - why wouldn’t he jump ship. A fresh start for the latter part of his career. Crystal fecking ball… 😂

Fully agree on this. And I know this was just one race, but McLaren showed some pace in China, they also improved the most last year, I would have them troubling Red Bull over Ferrari in the longer term. They have shown adaption to these rules and the improvements speak for themselves.

Despite Ferrari getting better, there have been so many false dawns there in the past 10 years, Chandhok is playing this idea that Hamilton will be back in a winning car…despite Ferrari still being so far behind Red Bull. I put forward the idea that he as going there for money in another forum, I was nearly shot for even saying such a thing. The weekend showed that Hamilton still has the speed but lacks the consistency, I don't think that is an unfair assessment of him for the past 2 and a bit years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I think we will see Hamilton on the podium more once he goes to Ferrari. Still a very good driver just stuck in a crap car at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, I reckon the car is poor and his motivation is gone. Must be hard to be fair to see the team fail so badly 3 years on the bounce now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Hamilton isn't a bad driver but is and was never in the same league as Max.

When Merc had a car that was a milliion miles ahead of other cars on the grid, Lewis would never dominate the second driver as much as what Max does. Granted he has won 7 titles, i just think Max is not far off half a second alone with his driving ability.

I don't actually mind Lewis, it's the bullsh!t from Benson (although in fairness he now recognises Max) and Sky that turned a lot of people off him.

I have said it many times. I'd get rid of the majority of the sky team with the exception of Ted, Martin, Natalie, Danika and Jenson.

Could be worse i suppose, that little bol*ox Herbert could be still around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The quality of Lewis Hamilton, or the Sky Sports coverage has nothing to do with the Chinese Grand Prix itself, which is the topic of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In fairness, there is one season it was close between Hamilton and the second driver, the season he lost the title. Every other season he was absolutely the better performer, hands down.

2014 - 10 wins to 5.

2015 - 10 wins to 5.

2017 - 9 Wins to 3.

2018 - 11 Wins to 0

2019 - 9 Wins to 4

2020 - 11 Wins to 2.

2021 (Max Won the title) - 11 wins to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

How many of those title wins had party mode etc

Max doesn't have that option but is still so far ahead of the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Chinese GP highlights...too funny

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Why no 2016? I take it 2016 is the close season as its one Rosberg beat Hamilton in and won the WDC.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well, yeah. Why would I use a season he lost to his team mate as proof he dominated his team mate? The examples I used showed he beat his team mate easily. The comment was that he never dominated, not that he only ever dominated.

Advertisement