Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trustee Response

Options
  • 15-04-2024 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi All,

Wondering if this is norm, Have pension with work and wanted to transfer a previous work pension into it. The Trustees of current pension took almost 3 months to respond back to say they would accept into my pension.

It seems too long to respond however I wanted to ask if I am right

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Seems a bit long to me.

But then again how long is a piece of string?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

For me it would be about normal, but my experience is exclusively in mainland Europe. I would expect the risk had to be considered are it impacts all members and generally speaking funds to splash too much on the admin costs. It is not as if there is competition in adding your previous savings to your current pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

It would be normal enough. Trustees don't always meet regularly, so it can take a while to get things done. They can also look to have consultants given things a once over before making a decision, no matter how easy a decision it might be.

Advertisement