Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google nest with audio out

Options
  • 15-04-2024 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Id like a Siri/Alexa/Google Nest system in the main living area of my house, so I can shout out "play Metallica" etc. However, I don't want to use whatever speakers come in these devices. I have a decent integrated speaker system at home, so I just want the new device to audio out via 3.5mm cable, which I input into my system. I can't seem to find anything like this. Would prefer a Google device if possible. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I used to have my Google setup like that. But changed it to Bluetooth to my stereo. Much better solution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

I used Chromecast audio devices for multi zone here. They stopped making them unfortunately, but they show up every now and then.

Sonos have devices that will plug into your stereo. The new ones are expensive, but CeX often have the older versions like zoneplayers. I picked one up for €15 recently to add a zone to the one I have in our kitchen. It was about €60 and has a really nice class D amplifier built in (ZP100).

The Sonos gen1 stuff is ancient, should absolutely be run over ethernet, and you need to use the version 1 of the app to manage them. The sound is excellent.

Lots of options out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭ted1

maybe something like Alex auto which uses the aux input would be the simplest

Advertisement