Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front yard Tree

Options
  • 15-04-2024 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

We have space at the front for a small tree and I am wondering how do small Amelanchier lamarckii or Dogwood ( Cornus Florida) be a good tree for a south facing Front Yard .

Any Suggestions for Garden centers I can find small onces at a decent price . The ones I have seen online at quite expensive .

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Woodies have amelanchiers at the moment at a reasonable price, small but nice looking trees. They do generally tend to be expensive though.

I have a Cornus Florida and granted it is in a spot that is very exposed to wind, and it is not all that happy. It seems to be improving since a hedgerow is beginning to grow to shelter it, but they are a bit tender.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Wow thanks . Will check it out , hopefully woodies in blanch has them too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

cornus miss satomi is a very nice small but spreading tree. A native mountain ash tree may not sound exotic but ticks a lot of boxes and provides a lot for wildlife

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭galaxy12

Picked up a small Amelanchier on sale for 7.5 euros in woodies today . Incredible value this

Advertisement