Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worker ripped off by Labour Party's small business spokesperson.

Options
  • 19-04-2024 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

In the general scheme of things it's a small issue but for me all these small things just add up and erode any faith left in mainstream politicians.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2024/0419/1444563-councillor-seamstress/

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

She wasn't underpaid, the proletariat just got richer. It's in the Che Guevara pamphlet somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I’m in my late 60’s, been a labour supporter all my life - that is until Gilmore, Burton, Kelly & Bacik came along. And of course we also had ‘lie to get into power’ Rabbitte.

Now this. Just goes to show just how out of touch politicians are. They think they are above the people.
    The only place for Labour is the garbage bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I'm not quite as old as yourself but I can still remember when Labour were a party of integrity that supported and fought for the lower paid workers. As a kid myself and some of my siblings would be brought to the office on Bandon Road to stuff leaflets into envelopes to support the likes of Toddy and Gerry O Sullivan for election, those were the days. Today the party is Labour by name only, a busted flush.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

Workers rights well down the list of the modern Labour politician, it seems.

Accompanied little outrage as well, quickly reported and shuffled down the list on news websites as fast as possible. Labour friendly media assisting Labour. Nothing changes.

If this was a SF Cllr, we'd be hearing about this for days, if not weeks. If it was an anti immigration candidate, they'd be raising it in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

How many SF reps are business owners? I'd think very few, if any. Alot of them don't come across as the brightest, let's be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement