Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just cannot get rid of this injection fault on clio mk4 diesel

Options
  • 20-04-2024 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

My daughter has a 2017 Clio Diesel Mk4 1.5 Dci 90hp and it has a fault that's proving a git to get rid of:

on TORQUE its P0096 DTC Error

I have changed the MAP (pressure sensor) and the MAF (air flow with combined IAT temperature) with new parts and cleared the DTC error code successfully and every time the next day (not immediately) when the engine started the Messages on the dash come back with the yellow spanner light and yellow engine warning light. Engine driving normally (not limp mode) and appear no loss of power.

when I clear the DTC errors all warning lights extinguish and messages got off the speedo dash window and 'no memorized messages' in the dash.
    Next day engine is started and warning lights back on, messages on the dash about Injection warning, and same results in diagnostics as in pic above DEF ALIVE.

I am at a loss what to do next or if there is another IAT temperature on the engine that I am missing and cannot see.
    The pins on MAF is 4pins the MAP are 3 pins.

Any further advice please?

Andy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

That code is telling you something is wrong with the IAT (Intake Air Temp sensor) not the MAP or MAF but you're saying the MAF and IAT are combined?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Thank you for that, yes the MAF has an IAT built into it, has 4pins - not sure if there is an IAT2 , if there is I have not found it on the engine - I dont think the MAP has temp sensor just pressure sensor. It has 3pins and a part number of 223653394R

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Is your external air temperature sensor working? It could be taking that data in too, and comparing it to the IAT in the engine as a means to calibrate the engine side sensor?

thats a very good point thanks … but yes its showing up the right outdoor temperature on the radio/navigation screen as to the outside weather temperature

Hello again all , just an update my daughter took the car into the Renault Main Dealer today and they changed this sensor:
    Part: 223653148R

Lights and messages are off now on the dash, I hope now they stay off - I never did find the location of this sensor in the end

Andy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement