Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cargo bike on Dublin/Galway train?

Options
  • 21-04-2024 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22 fader123

Any chance of getting a cargo bike on the Dublin/Galway train? My brother and I are planning a cross-country trip but we'd love to get the train one way… He has a Yuba Kombi e6 which is 1920mm long, the Irish Rail website says max length 1800mm. However I have read elsewhere that longer bikes are allowed on to trains which have a separate area for bikes, rather than the racks in the passenger carriages. Also saw that new carriages with more bicycle space have been brought in recently. Not sure if any of that applies to the Dublin-Galway route, would appreciate any up-to-date information. Should say that I will be on a regular road bike, the plan is for him to carry my luggage!

Comments

Advertisement