Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCT Fail

Options
  • 21-04-2024 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭amandstu

One of the reasons was that the headlights were wrongly adjusted

I have been asking about how to adjust them over on the Toyota owners website and one of the respondents (based in UK seemingly) says that they (ie MOT) should adjust them for me as they have the right equipment.

Does that sound right?

If they failed me for something, surely they expect me to take it to the garage or do it myself

If I just go back and ask them to adjust them, surely they will just fail me again?

I will post the thread on the Toyota site so you know what I mean

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/220622-adjusting-my-headlights-and-dips/

Oh ,and this is the NCT fail report

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

No, they won't adjust them for you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NCT and MOT are very different. The NCT only finds problems. MOT centers will find problems and then charge you extra to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Most Irish garages that do pre nct checks should have alignment gear for checking. Dial gauge inside car set to 0 do both lights look the same on a wall or off { bulb fitted and not seated correctly }

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭amandstu

Thanks ,does anyone know how I go about adjusting the dip beam on a Toyota Auris ?

Do I have to loosen the cogs before I turn them and do I need a special tool or will a spanner and an Allen key do the trick?

Does one of the screws do up/down and the other left/right ?

Re your signature women are from Venus ,men are from Mars but Trump is going to Mars very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

In the UK MOT tests are carried out in independent garages.

As well as doing the test they can also repair faults.

Not sure if its a philips screwdriver or alan key and might be other symbols to show what they do.

Wrongly adjusted or bulb not sitting correctly.

Hopefully my post in the Toyota(Auris) owners website will get an answer from someone who knows the car..

First thing to do is check bulb is sitting in correctly before doing anything .

Look into the headlight from the front to see if bulb looks funny?

Advertisement