Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2025

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

I thought they said July

• Registered Users Posts: 16,047 ✭✭✭✭event

You will receive a confirmation email when you apply. You’ll also receive a payment receipt, if you have donated your entry fee. Please check your junk folder if this doesn’t arrive in your inbox. The results of the 2025 TCS London Marathon Ballot will be emailed to all entrants in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭py

The ballot is a completely random draw (just like the National Lottery) and we'll let you know if you've secured a place by the end of June 2024.

PFO coming any day now…

I’ve lost count how many times they’ve told me to pfo. I always expected I’d get in the year I wouldn’t be able to do it but even at that I was a pfo.

All going well I might get a gfa for 2026 unless a bank a good half this year

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Sandwell

For those who have done the GFA in the past, how legit does the UK address need to be? Is it enough to use a relatives address or are you looking at producing a household bill or similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Rossi7

You need your name on a bill, fairly easy to doctor 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭sk8board

and for clarity, you only need the proof of address for a GFA time. Otherwise you can fill as many addresses as you want, but be aware that they auto remove duplicates, so you’ll need to use different email addresses or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

That explains the 840,000 applications then 🙄. They should take card details on application and make it clear they'll be charged immediately for each successfully application.

yeh they say it pretty clearly on the websites that they auto remove obvious duplicates and then further review suspected duplicates.

Also, a non GFA UK address is in the same lottery as an international entry - so you can just use a bunch of Irish addresses and email addresses

V hard to auto remove duplicates based on name alone obviously, a name like Michael has about 4 variations that could never be caught.
    it’s all a bit messy either way of course.

Ballot results out tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

July is all they say on the website! It will land in your inbox when you least expect it.

Its on their socials that its tomorrow, thats where I got it from. Emails will come throughout the day

Happy rejection Wednesday

PFO email arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Yup….same here.

In the same club, PFO'ed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

PFO here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

has anyone here ever purchased an entry through their recommended tour operators?

yep. The Sports Tour international package is very well done throughout the weekend, events, bus transfers to the start line etc.

If you want to buy the lottery, it’s a simple option tbh. I’ve done it for Berlin too - again, an easy way to ‘buy the lottery’ for a few hundred €€ premium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

I've signed up for 2025 via Sports Tours International

• Registered Users Posts: 16,022 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I dont know why i get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I think im gonna do it too. Any idea which of the 2 hotels they give the optiosn for are closer to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,022 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

2 grand its looking like, expensive weekend alright but for 3 nights in London and entry its worth it i think. I'm mad to pull the trigger on it myself.

Just got mine there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭py

PFO here too 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Forgot I entered. Nice surprise for me, receiving a lovely PFO

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Unknownability

PFO will probably look to enter through work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

PFO

• Advertisement

Someone on Boards must have been successful and have received an entry!

Got a 2nd PFO for the "UK resident" entry!

Advertisement