Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War of the Worlds 2005 remake with Tom Cruise .... ahhhhhhhhhh

Options
  • 21-04-2024 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

So this film is on E4 at the mo .. ( 21/04/24 9pm ) .. I cannot watch it

I am a big fan of the H G Wells book. I am a huge fan of Jeff Waynes Musical version released in June 1978 includes Phil Lynott and that iconic intro read by Richard burton. I am a big fan of the original movie released in 1953.

This Spielberg 2005 remake with cruise and a really really really REALLY annoying constantly irritating screaming Dakota Fanning kid was an utter disastor and should not have been allowed. This great book with its .. what I consider for its time .. a far better film version from 1953 could have been redone again far far better in 2005 with such a huge director and CGI.

Instead they wrecked it in my view. Now needs another proper remake that blots out this appalling 2005 effort

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭gossamerfabric

The book is not great…how the situation resolves itself is not at all satisfying. Unless the movie had a third act which departs completely from the source material then the movie can fare no better.

Advertisement