Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike test

• 22-04-2024 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

QUick question guys,do I need an insurance cert with me when I got o do my test,I rented a bike the day of the test and wasnt used to it and failed I was more concentrating on the bike than the test,my bike is just under the KW.Now a friend can lend me his to save me 250 to rent another one for the test with an hour's pretest.At least I can borrow his and get used to it before the test.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Yes, you'll need an insurance Cert.

Btw, a school charging you €250 for an hours bike hire is pulling the Pi$$ - did you do your IBT with them ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭willdill

YEs mate,it was 100 for hour pretest and 150 to rent the bike for the test.Bit steep I thought too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

who did you do the pretest and hire through?
    That's alot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Widows Son

Unless something has changed in the last few years,you won't have to have a certificate of insurance. You may be asked to declare that you are insured. Best contact the RSA for a definite answer. Their website doesn't list it as a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭willdill

Ye I was thinking this mate,I had to just sign a declaration when I had the rented bike I don't think the insurance was in with the documents that the guy who rented me the bike gave me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement