Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First date guy being unreasonable?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Someone you went on one date with, asking if it was because you were on a date that you couldnt answer the phone to him?

Thats a big red flag. What will he be like if you are dating and you ever cant answer your phone. Hes showing jealous behavior already and you only met him once.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wezz

As others have said block and ignore from now on.

Also, have a bit more confidence in yourself. There are no rules to dating, you decide what your boundaries are and go with what feels right. While respect and kindness is always good, there is no obligation to be exclusive with someone you are talking to or have met once while you see if it has legs. You also don't need to give a person you have met once information about your activities. Enforce a few boundaries for your own protection and best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭toothy

This is what I was trying to say also but Ham has put it far more eloquently than I could have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I don't think it's bad that he was hurt. I found out that my partner went on a date after we'd spent the entire weekend together for the first time. I was really really hurt.

However there is no excuse for how he has behaved; phoning you at 2am, demanding explanations or apologies. He has no right at all. He is not respecting your boundaries. I would be furious and very very wary of him. I would not even consider having anything more to do with him.

In my case I told my now partner that we had clearly had a misunderstanding. I thought we were starting something together and I wasn't into this multi dating at all. I suggested we call it a day and told him I felt a bit of a fool. He talked me round and that was absolutely the end of any other people.

You need to get away from this guy.

Advertisement