Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Model Toyota Camry - Confirmed not for UK, but will we see it?

• 22-04-2024 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm loving the look of the new Camry. Sadly though I've read very few markets outside the US will be getting it.

I've read that Japan will not sell the new Camry in their market however will still be building them for the Australian market. The question that arises is - will Ireland see it? The updated look, massively updated interior, refinement and the Toyota Relax warranty is making me itch to get one.

For all they do right Toyota Ireland's marketing department wouldn't answer me on this query. I see the Irish website still lists the current Camry as a new purchase option whereas the UK site says they're no longer available for order.

So - anyone in the know as to whether any RHD market outside of Aus/NZ/India might see the new model?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭trindade

I wouldn't be expecting it for now. Maybe later? It's like Corolla Cross, it was lauched in other markets and arrived here 2 years later. The share of Camry was only 1.16% in 2023 and has decreased to 1.07% so far this year. In the USA, however, the Camry always ranks among the top 10, and sometimes even in the top 5 most sold cars… I would say they won't sell it immediately but maybe in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It's lovely-looking car. For those who still prefer a large saloon, it should have a lot of appeal, especially since the Passat and A4 is no longer available - at least in saloon guise. It would probably fit in a notch below the likes of the BMW 5 series, A6 or Lexus ES, making it relatively affordable. Maybe being only available in hybrid form might put some people off?

A shame really, how the mid-size/large saloon has gone so much out of favour in recent times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Nope. The vast majority of buyers here just want a crossover or SUV.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

No chance, have a mate who works for Toyota and said they can't sell the Camry in Ireland, the few people that bought them ended up with huge depreciation on them once it came to trade in because Toyota couldn't shift them

Rav all the way, Crossover is what Ireland wants

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mac167

That's a shame. Give me a decent mid size Sedan over the hideous SUV/Crossover any day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Same here. I've tried to like the SUV/Crossovers but I just can't get past their appearance. I find them all so same-looking and boring.

The current state of car design, imho, especially the externals, leaves me cold and bored. No elegant-looking cars being created any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Ah for an absolute fact. I have an Octavia at the moment and love it - the next step would be to get a Superb or a Camry - I'd rather the new model Camry given the legendary Toyota reliability, the great looks and how long the warranty would be - but if they don't do it then it looks like I'll be going for the new model Superb - albeit only as a second choice.

The SUVs just don't do it for me. I don't know what people see in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Suprman

Def not coming, just got this from Toyota (25/06/2024)…

"Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Toyota Ireland and for providing your feedback in relation to the Toyota Camry. 

We can confirm that there will be no new Toyota Camry offered in our marketplace and, at this time there are no plans to replace the Toyota Camry with another model. 

We would recommend you speak with your local Toyota dealer to discuss our wide range of models available."

Superb it is so! Am I missing anything? is there any other aul lad cars like this? Not interested in any premium brands.

I was going to suggest the Citroen C5 until I just looked it up and saw how they turned it into a ghoulishly hideous snout on 4 wheels. The 2016 model seems to be the last "normal" looking one. Had a buddy who had a loaner 22 superb for a while between 22 and 23. Somewhere between 4 and 6 months. Absolutely loved it, his new favorite car of all time. He was genuinely depressed when he got his own car back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

What's your milage and do you have a driveway? There are several sedan BEVs, they have plenty of range for most people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭acronym Chilli

The old/current Camry was discontinued in the UK market already in 2021, while they kept selling it in Ireland. Comparing autotrader and carzone, carzone shows about 180 camry's for sale in Ireland. Meanwhile Autotrader just 38 across the whole of the UK. It really didn't sell well in the UK.

So not much of a surprise that if it gets limited markets the new Camry won't make it to the UK (and Ireland also, it seems).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

Advertisement