Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of meadow per bale

• 23-04-2024 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Someone is looking for a field off me to take 2 cuts of silage bales, they fertilise it. How much per bale should i be charging, there's 10 acres in it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭dmakc

Depending where you are two cuts is probably 60% of the (better) grazing year committed to silage.

I'd look at it on a pro-rata per acre basis versus a full year rental price in the area. Also maybe a commitment to restore the P & K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Silverdream

Can't really do a per bale charge as if the weather goes against him he could end up with double the bales but same amount of silage with the added water.

Unless the farmer really wants the ground the Max he should be paying provided he fertilises it is 50 euro per acre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

10 per bale for standing crop..5 per bale if he his fertilising it

Advertisement