Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on Biss scheme - scrub excluded

Options
  • 23-04-2024 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

So in 2022 they supplied me maps excluding scrub. It was what it was so didn't interfere.

In 2023 this was no longer excluded in maps and I presume it was based on space for nature and acres etc

In 2024 I again have maps excluding part of my farm. It is only around 3 to 4 % but annoying as I assumed the policy had changed.

Anyone have similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Sami23

I haven't noticed that but what I have noticed is that I seem to have a smaller amount of eligible hectares every year. Now I mean a very small reduction but a reduction all the same which is frustrating as I purchased entitlements last year to match the land I had.

Surely the land should be the same size every year.

Is this happening to anyone else ?

Post edited by Sami23 on

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭irishguy19772

Yes sorry this is what is happening to me. Reduction in eligible hectares due to scrubland.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭1848

Scrub included in grassland parcel( must be less than 50%) is included for payment. Plot of scrub on its own is ineligible for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Good loser

Interesting. Didn't know that. So if there are 10 acres of which 5 are scrub this qualifies, while if each 5 acres is a separate field the scrub fraction there does not qualify?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭irishguy19772

Yeah so it seems included for acres but excluded for Biss. As far as I can make out on maps provided. Need to submit it this evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement