Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary question

Options
  • 23-04-2024 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All

I recently had the land surveyor out which marked my property out and hammered in the wooden stakes

I have erected my fence according to the surveyor and 2 days later my neighbour has pulled it down to say he owns this piece of land

The land registry clearly indicated its my property but my neighbour is claiming he dumped stones there 6 years ago and now its his

I have contacted the Garda who wont come out and state its a civil matter even though my fence is destroyed, now if I go anywhere near the area of land my neighbour turns up with 2 other men to intimidate me

Can the land registry be wrong ?

My deeds show its mine with no mention of anyone else, my solicitor says she sees no burdens on my deeds

What can I do in this situation as next time I put the fence up it will likely turn violent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If it turns violent then you contact the Gardai. In the meantime you need to discuss this again with your solicitor who should be in a position to issue a warning letter.

However if you can discuss this amicably with your neighbour then you should ask them to produce maps and any other documents they may have to prove that they own the piece of ground in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Would be a criminal matter if they destroyed your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 christy2006

Its impossible to talk with the man involved as he's too aggressive, I will have to tell the solicitor to proceed with a letter

Should be interesting when that's received in the mail

I have told the Gardai that I have cctv footage which shows 3 men wrecking my fence, they said no point making a statement in a civil matter as it wont go anywhere

He said they are told not to get involved with these kind of situations, getting worrying at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hontou

Gosh. I wouldn't want to put a fence up if I had a neighbour like that. I would move. Life is too short for bad neighbours. Easier said than done, I know.

• Advertisement

Managed to get the Gardai out yesterday and they have talked to the other party

They told the Gardai that they will be no more problems which was good to hear , but today the other party and 2 others are there measuring up the area in question

I have a letter from the solicitor on its way to them now, just hope this does something

When I say neighbour they are a few hundred meters away from my location

Advertisement