Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Virb video editing

Options
  • 23-04-2024 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭

Anyone else used Garmin Virb to add your GPX data to your GoPro footage? its no longer updated by Garmin so I’m looking for an alternative app/software.

Has anyone found an alternative?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I use it, still works for me and is simple to use. I think Garmin effectively stopped support for it a few years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I was, windows 11 now, there were a few bugs and I think I used an older version to get round them with 19 but no issues with 11

Actually, just found this video which seems to fix the issue i'm having… I'll try it later this evening.

UPDATE: followed the instructions in the video and?…… no luck. Still getting the same error.

i’ve been looking at new cameras and the GoPro 10 and above have built in GPS and the data is easily added to your videos via the GoPro app. I guess that’s why Garmin are not supporting Virb edit anymore.

All this “built in obsolescence “ in modern tech is a real pain! The GoPro session camera I use works perfectly but it looks like I’ve no option but to upgrade to a new camera if I want to add GPX data!

#rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

GoPro removed GPS again in the newest models so be careful if you are upgrading. I just bought a new one and went with the 11 to keep GPS just for this purpose

Advertisement