Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare inspector

• 24-04-2024 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Everyone,

Who can tell me how long a inspector has the right to harass a person?
    I was working when she came to my house. She wrote me to come in personally the next day. I did. She asked me questions, which I answered, and asked for other documents. I sent her everything. Since then, she has sent two more letters, asking for other documents/data, repeatedly asking for the same information that I have already given her, as well as with the disability allowance section, I have been in correspondence for months and have been constantly sending them income certificates since I started working. I already feel what this inspector is doing to me as harassment. How long am I obliged to put up with your harassment? I'm already afraid to check the mailbox because I don't know what else he's coming up with/what she wants from me?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,014 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm assuming you are on Disability Allowance & working part time 🤔

If so, seems extraordinary that at a time the DSP are encouraging those on DA to seek some employment where possible, that your the focus of such attention.

The harsh reality is SW inspectors have wide ranging powers & can continue to request information from you. Something clearly triggered an investigation & perhaps if you feel you are being harassed, contact your local TD

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement