Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend something to me

Options
  • 24-04-2024 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Myself and my wife enjoy sticking on a UK Police Drama on a Sunday night for a couple of hours to just turn the brain off for a while, but have a little mystery to watch.

We've finished Vera recently, love things like Line of Duty, Trigger Point, Broadchurch, Unforgotten - recently watched Passenger

We've tried a couple of the Harlen Coben things on Netflix, but found them largely ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Not really a police drama but started watching "Cleaning Up" on Netflix the other day, half way through it and really enjoying it. It was an ITV original drama from 2019 that's been recently added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

yes, that sort of thing - thanks it's on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

The red riding trilogy is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Baby Reindeer was also a superb watch like Cleaning Up, one off series not 24 episodes and 10 seasons which can be very off putting for some.

Severance season 1 on Apple TV was also a brilliant watch and season 2 has just finished filming so plenty of time to watch before season 2 comes out.

True Detective season 1 was brilliant, 2 good but not the same quality, 3 and 4 were very good too. All separate storylines in each season.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

If you haven't already watched it Happy Valley is a good 'un a very good one in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭markw7

Imo Southland is the best cop show that's ever been. Blue Lights might be something you'd like as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Some great recommendations I would maybe add the below.

The Responder (season 2 on the way)

The Missing (and spin off baptiste)

The Fall

The Capture

Mare of Easttown

Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

@Hodors Appletart you have probably seen it already but Ashes to Ashes is fun. It's about an english copper who gets transported back to be a detective in the 1970s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Traces, currently on BBC One on Saturdays but previously on Alibi or Drama. Only 2 seasons to date, of which season 2 is the best.

Advertisement