Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting yards to construction company - damages

Options
  • 24-04-2024 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Renting a yard to an engineering firm at the moment. They're using it ad a compound for material and machinery on a large local job. I've been advised that they will repair/replace anything damaged (walls, gates etc). A pair of gates already been knocked and the foreman has asked me to send invoice for same to themselves - they'll cover it in the rent. Not ideal - I don't want to end up getting taxed to replace something they broke. What is the typical way incidents like this are handled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Absolutely make sure it's not paid in rent ...it's not income. Ideally they pay the invoice for you.

Have you photos of before they arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You'll have the receipt for the expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

If you did pay for it yourself, and invoice them, then surely it would be a tax write off anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Suckler

Am I wrong in saying they are looking for you to do the repair work and invoice them, which they'll pay along with the rent?

If so I'd be refusing that and telling them to get it done themselves, If you have a contact for the gate supplier/manufacturer to help them source a replacement that's all I'd be giving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Have this a lot. Give him the quote and get it approved.

Cover yourself well.

Dont be at a loss in any sense.

Either he approves the cost up front or he's out.

If he doesn't pay, he's out.

OOtherwise He repairs it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Have you got a written rental agreement ?

That should cover it.

A separate invoice to cover the cost of you getting the repair done would be normal.

Advertisement