Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVR can't decode sound from HDMI, just video. Any HDMI Splitter I could use? Where would it plug in?

Options
  • 24-04-2024 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi , Got this AVR only to be disappointed that I can't just stick a hdmi in it and have it output audio and video. It only decodes the Video from the HDMI input. This makes it fairly useless for me as I wanted to use it with a firestick and laptop.

Is there any device I could use to extract the audio from the hdmi and have it go into this AVR while still keeping the Video signal in the HDMI if you get me , would it be able to give the same quality sound and video as HDMI in? Where in the back here might it go . Im the opposite of an audiophile here.

Thanks a mill

Advertisement