Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Full Irish Hidden Camera Show

Options
  • 24-04-2024 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anybody enjoying this on a Sunday evening?

I've watched all episodes.

I think to a lot of Irish people they are fairly
    recognisable when doing the pranks.

Costumes could be better.

I also think it could be funnier

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The Mass on RTE on sunday morning is funnier than The Full Irish Hidden Camera Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I'd rather watch Fair City than any hidden camera show.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I am kinda enjoying watching it with the kids. How more people don’t recognise Donnacha is odd. Doireann is unable to keep the prank going; other two are better. It’s a far cry from Mike Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they seem to fool a lot of tourists/foreigners.

Doireann could fool me tough because I've zero idea what she looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

I actually quite like it though they could cut the bits of them in the car which are just filling time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Was the Fear the last time RTE did a hidden camera show? That was fupping awful. This looks worse from the clips I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

This is just so awful, couldn't bear more than a few minutes before turning the tv off in disgust. It's just so rubbish, it's beneath contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭steinbock123

I’ve flushed funnier things than this show down the toilet !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,843 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Jésus, I've just looked at a couple of clips. The typical "imbecileism" presenter that RTE loves. Can they not even look at professional "candid camera" presenters, that don't feel the need to act like children. Mike Murphy back in the day didn't feel the need to go around with a gaping mouth acting like a village idiot to do his stuff. There's also real professionals on tv like "Just for Laughs" (Denis Levasseur) that films in Canada which does it right. But there's enough of it out there without RTE wasting more licence fee money on giving us a poor relation of it.

Ffs.

Post edited by podgeandrodge on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't watched it but it strikes me as a way of justifying higher salaries for the three clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Kareem Shy Lightning

Doireann has replaced Amy Huberman in RTE's eyes in shoehorning her into everything, chance after chance despite being talentless and unfunny….whomever told her she's funny should be arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Its handy having Ian Dempsey as a godfather. Without him she'd be nowhere near the career she has now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Dreadful stuff. Worse than Callan Kicks the Year. RTE and comedy is a poor match.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Was the one with PJ Gallagher before or after that? Jake Stephens the newspaper whistler.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Naked Camera, that was a few years beforehand. Had its moments, though it was dragged out to three series.

There was a spin off which PJ Gallagher filmed in the States as Jake Stephens, Makin Jake. That was absolutely f***ing dreadful. It made no sense taking the character to America, carcrash stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Donnacha comes across as a right dope in everything he does presenting wise, hosting, interviews etc.,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

I just watched a few clips on youtube. The term godawful springs to mind. Mike Murphy with a fraction of the budget was doing this a long time ago but he managed his setups to be plausible and convincing.

A cleaner who goes around destroying anything dusty would last about 20 minutes in most shops. Actually nevermind, Im not even going to bother trying to poke holes in their plots.

I was thinking just the other day RTE used to do some good comedy shows. Nevermind the Gondolas, A scare at Bedtime to name just a couple. Why don't we do them any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Kareem Shy Lightning

wonder will this last with Doireann leaving

Advertisement