Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my Brunnera dead?

Options
  • 24-04-2024 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

A little sign of life but it should be be in full leaf and flower now ,reluctant to dig it up if it can recover

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'd say there is enough life there to be worth clearing out some of the dead stuff and giving it a feed, see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

do you you mean dig it up and pull it apart or just pick out the dead bits , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

No, don't dig it up, just superficially tidy it up, to improve its appearance and stop the fallen down bits rotting on the new bits coming through. Mine looked a lot like that a month ago (not as bad) and now it is flowering madly and the leaves are developing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Agree with Looksee. There seems to be some new shoots which should survive. It’s a tough plant.
    I would be curious as to why it is so late growing. We haven’t had any serious frost. Was any weedkiller used in the vicinity? If it doesn’t thrive dig it up and examine the roots.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

I put down pellets last night and today its covered in slug slime and dead slugs ,didn't think it was vunerable to slugs but the weater has been so wet I think I have an infestation of them

• Advertisement
Advertisement