Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving car from Belfast to London

Options
  • 24-04-2024 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

I'm a 21 year old young man moving to London for university in September 2024. I live in the Republic of Ireland currently and have a car. I'm thinking of going with my car as my uni will be 2.5 hours away from London city and will need to be going to London quite frequently for medical reasons.

I was researching the best possible way to do this and it seems like it might be a troublesome process trying to change the registration from Ireland to UK. Therefore, I was thinking of getting a car from Belfast and driving it across the English Channel to mainland UK. Is this possible? Are there other processes that l'll need to do once in the UK?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I take it that you are not going to London to study Geography.

I digress… Buy a car in Belfast (make sure it has a valid MoT), register a change of ownership with the DVLA using your new address in England, get it to Britain on a ferry across the Irish Sea (not the English Channel).

Advertisement