Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge repair

Options
  • 25-04-2024 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, my brother in law is over from the UK staying with us at the moment and is having an issue with the fridge in his campervan. It's a Demetic fridge that runs on mains, battery or gas but seems to only want to run on mains, pressing the gas or battery buttons just does nothing and removing mains power just results in it beeping and showing an alarm.

He's here until tomorrow and is then heading straight over to Galway, so I was wondering if there was anywhere in the Dublin/ North Wicklow area he could get it looked at tomorrow before they leave or alternatively somewhere in Galway or en route.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Well, he eventually found a crowd in Maynooth which he rang up and spoke to a technician there. He suspects it's the control unit that's faulty, but unfortunately he also said there's zero chance of a spare being available in Ireland for that make of fridge so he's out of luck until he gets back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

you try these guys down my way here in Nenagh?

http://www.anchorpointmotorhomes.com/

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Max H

Try this guy Lough rea Galway Hi oliver here William's carcare loughrea.0851313008.for all your motorhome repair requirements .highly rated reliable . never used him but a lot of motorhomers on the forums i have been on rate him

• Registered Users Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks guys, I've passed these two suggestions on to him!

Advertisement