Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer job refusal

• 25-04-2024 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Would anyone know what the consequences of not taking up an offer of a TCO post is? A relation of mine did the exam and interview and was put on a panel. She's now been offered 20 weeks temporary work - her first offer. The location is fine but she's working in the UK for a couple of months with a friend and would very much like to stay another 6 months as she's getting some advanced computer skills she lacked before and is really enjoying the change - she never worked abroad before. The offer is in the West and is fine location-wise but she doesn't want to sacrifice this chance if the long-term consequences are bad for her like not getting another offer or going to the bottom of a long queue. Is there a reason that would get around this if the consequences of a refusal are not good. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭I am me123

I think that if you turn down an offer, all that happens is that you get removed from the panel, and will not be considered for any further positions from that panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,032 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Exam?

Is the panel Public Jobs (answer as above)?

Or HSE? No consequences- unless the applicant expressed interest abd was offered a specific job, and then turn it down, which means going off this panel.

Or someone else? Maybe a different answer.

Advertisement