Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resize video.

Options
  • 25-04-2024 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently bought a cheap Wildlife camera to try out in my local woods, after a few blanks i was delighted to see a fine big Badger and a handsome Pine marten had paid a visit to the location, I tried to post the short videos on here but they are too big for posting, my question is, how can i resize video to under the required dimensions?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

The free app Handbrake is one option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Upload to YouTube and post a link.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

fairly certain you can resize in VLC also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You may be able to copy/paste a smaller clip with the photo app on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭glaswegian

Hi, thanks all for your input, Flinty, i downloaded Handbrake to reduce the size and i managed to resize the videos i want to post, the next issue is converting from mp4 to a usable format to upload to boards, is there a (free) site for the electronicaly challenged that converts from one to the other, i did find an online converter but didn't give an option to convert to any format required by Boards.

Cheers.

0)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Tbh I've no idea what boards supports.

Usually just link to YouTube myself. I use handbrake a lot.

Advertisement