Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size of shed needed to manage a six acre area of forested land

Options
  • 26-04-2024 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Any idea?

My neighbours own about 6 acres of forested land and are in the process of erecting a huge shed measuring approx 10m x 10m which is clearly visible and audible from my house.

As they have not spoken to me or posted any planning alerts that I have seen, I can only assume that this is an unauthorized structure. Anyone know if there are any limits on such structures or should I consider dobbing them into the council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭yurtyaherne

I would imagine it could be exempt under Schedule 2, Part 3- Class 9 "Works consisting of the provision of any store, barn, shed, glass-house or other structure, not being of a type specified in class 6, 7 or 8 of this Part of this Schedule, and having a gross floor space not exceeding 300 square metres."

The limitations of such would be as follows:

• No such structure shall be used for any purpose other than the purpose of agriculture or forestry, but excluding the housing of animals or the storing of effluent.
    • The gross floor space of such structures together with any other such structures situated within the same farmyard complex or complex of such structures or within 100 metres of that complex shall not exceed 900 square metres gross floor space in aggregate.
    • No such structure shall be situated within 10 metres of any public road.
    • No such structure within 100 metres of any public road shall exceed 8 metres in height.
    • No such structure shall be situated within 100 metres of any house (other than the house of the person providing the structure) or other residential building or school, hospital, church or building used for public assembly, save with the consent in writing of the owner and, as may be appropriate, the occupier or person in charge thereof.
    • No unpainted metal sheeting shall be used for roofing or on the external finish of the structure.

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2001/si/600/made/en/print#sched2

• Registered Users Posts: 32 leitrimjohn

Cheers, Y

Advertisement