Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EnergyPal.ie very useful for Smart Electricity analysis and switching

Options
  • 26-04-2024 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

This is a super website that allows you to upload your ESBN supplied smart meter (HDF) data file and get an analysis of your own time of use patterns including PV export.

It also gives the full breakdown of the supplier offers based on your actual prior usage / export etc. Really good tool.

No data is retained and you don't even register your name or e-mail etc. Fair dues to Radec Toma - who built the tool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭DC999

Yeah, fair play. Used it last week after I got a smart meter a few weeks ago. It confirmed the EV plan I was looking at was the best one. It's simples to use. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭SharkMX

This is so good. Going to buy him a coffee every time i use it to switch providers for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

It is an amazing useful resource. I got a bit confused how to compare the results to 24 tariffs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

It is excellent. Anyone know how often each pays FIT?

BG pays (6months?)

Energia?

SSE?

Not much difference in the 3 for me, but id rather see FIT on the regular…

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FloGas on every bill (two month cycle)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭fuse

SSE in May and November

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What a fantastic site. Love that you can easily compare all the different options for price atnd time of use, and not just purely on price per kw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great site as it tells me daily consumption of units in and exported which the ESB site doesnt tell you, it just shows a graph of when electricity was used but not how much over the course of a day or week.

Quick question- on the middle column in the spreadsheet it says 'Total Annual' and the rest is parsed- anyone know what it is, zooming out for me doesnt reveal the third word.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pad406

It's total annual cost. You can drag the column width in/out same as excel btw.

• Advertisement
Advertisement