Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for sony wh-1000xm4

Options
  • 26-04-2024 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭

ok so only had these a few years and Mrs Gunner using them in the gym and they are Kaput. Thought it was the battery but left in for repair and they say its the motherboard and wires gone and out of warranty!!!!

For the price I paid I expected more

I did like them and the fact they can fold over so good when travelling and Noise cancelling was great and best I have had.

Is there anything like them to replace them as Mrs Gunner going to pay half………..she promised me she did not drop them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭mailforkev

XM5s are out now for only a few quid more than the 4s if you were happy with the Sonys. I’m still using Bose QC35s, holding up well after 6/7 years, I gave up on the update cycle.

BTW your Mrs deffo broke them, but at least new headphones will cost far less than a replacement Mrs!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Based on the damage to the XM4's I'd be hesitant on going for the XM5's - read a few reviews, their build quality gets questioned often, especially at the thin hinges where they connect to the cups. XM6's are due out this year so maybe Sony will address the issues. I'd recommend trying to find the XM4's again, though the cheapest I've ever seen them for is €199 and not recently either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Just to add as an option, I've had XM3's for about 5 years and they're still as good as new. I had a go of a set of XM5s and couldn't see any appreciable difference, so if you were looking for a replacement and not looking to spend a fortune, you find find a set of XM3s for a good price. I don't look after mine at all really - they're thrown in a laptop back anytime I'm travelling with work and thrown on one of the kids anytime we need whatever noisy Youtuber is on a tablet to disappear and they're still perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cheers for the reply in negotiations with Mrs on the payment plan😁

Also with the xm4 could connect to multiple Bluetooth devices so good when working also little things like music stops when talking and also the case they are in not as bulky. XM3 does not have these functions

Looking at the xm5 bulky box and look flimsy so not sure if anything similar out there or just go with the xm4 again and dont let my Mrs near them😗

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

Saw this in bargain alerts, don't know if they're of use to you (I've just ordered a pair myself)

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/122067385#Comment_122067385

• Advertisement

in the end went for the soundcore space one after many you tube research

Was going to try sony xm4 again but seen few issues regarding charging so don't want same to happen again

So with jabra earbuds and these hopefully sorted and now to ask my Mrs to fund them.. wish me luck

Thanks for all the suggestions

Just wondering left them into official Sony repair and they said they cannot fix them and it might be the motherboard as they cannot find anything else. Battery was fine.

Anywhere to source a motherboard to see how much it would cost ? Seen few posts on Reddit users having same issue this model not re charging

Advertisement