Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airbnb management agents in Cork city

Options
  • 26-04-2024 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Does anyone know of any company in Cork city that manages Airbnb short lettings for owners who don't live in the city? Finding it hard to find any and estate agents I've called are not aware of any. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Probably a cleaning company may do it. I imagine many people/companies that used to do it stopped because of the laws brought in for RPZ and short term lets.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,487 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

The laws would not affect the Airbnb management companies, they are neither the owners nor take the bookings.

I suspect that the staff necessary to management large numbers of properties for key handover/cleaning just don’t make it worth it unless there are a large number of properties in the same development/locally like there are in Dublin. I have paid cleaning companies at times but they can be hit and miss, always short of staff.

yes they would effect management companies, they take out a contract, they set it up and there are fees involved in all of this and those fees are generally covered in a 6 or 12 month contract, if the place is shut down they can't get their money.

In my experience, they are paid per visit to the property for handover of keys/cleaning. I was not required to enter into any contract.

so what you are talking about is just a cleaning company- an Airbnb management company manages bookings, why would a company that has no contract waste time to communicate with a guest that books 6 months in advance, if they were not going to get the business, the hard part of Airbnb is often done before the guest arrives and in the layout of the listing- many of them, most actually, do not 'hand over' keys in the airbnb's I've been in, the keys are in a lockbox, or coded entry.

• Advertisement

Are you an Airbnb host?

There may be management companies who handle bookings, but I’m not sure how that works as the host gets paid and it’s the hosts income details that are supplied to Revenue, would the management company then pay the owner and have their earnings sent to Revenue ? Also the hosts account is used to set the rates/dynamic pricing, I’m not sure why hosts would hand that over to someone else, but it is possible I suppose.

The management company I use occasionally hold the keys, meet the guests, clean the house, answer whatever queries the guests have, sort out any problems during the stay etc. They do not take the bookings, I am the host and handle the money. I pay them for their services when needed, a lot of the time either my wife or I meet the guests and occasionally we clean the house. There is no contract, I use their services when I need it.

Post edited by Dav010 on

Advertisement