Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Fridge experts - thermostat.

Options
  • 26-04-2024 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭

I've an old Whirlpool WMT552W fridge (single under counter NOT a fridge freezer) and I'm having some problem getting a thermostat and wondered if there is a "Universal" one that will fit.

Capillary is about 60cm long and the original thermostat is marked WDF24K however no one wants to admit to that being the correct thermostat. When I look up that part number the main spares suppliers tell me its the wrong one for my fridge.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Is it an ice box or larder, if it has an ice box a vt1 will do or a vt9 if larder. Both are universal and the likes of Expertise in Tullamore should be able to sort you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Just a plane fridge no ice box. The only issue I can see is the amount of room to mount the thermostat.

The vt 9 or a larder stat is what you need, Ex will probably have an original anyway, universal will be cheaper nd anyone of them will fit (0818 313233)

Thanks the original which I'm being told online is the wrong one is quite narrow and has a short distance between the shaft for the knob and the casing its in. That makes me wonder if a universal will fit although one supplier suggest a universal is what I want will try Expertise tomorrow morning (and Monday if necessary) before ordering anything.

look at the identification sticker where the model number is on the bottom left there is a nine digit number there also , with that number they can cross reference which will fit

• Advertisement

That nine digit number doesn't exist ;-( Have all the details written down here (from two stickers) but not one nine digit one and only the WMT552W ref that is recognized by anyone.

Just thought I'd wrap this up. Tested with the Thermostat shorted out. Compressor came on but not as loud as I remember and after 6 hours temperature was still the same inside as out so I'll start looking for a new fridge.

Advertisement