Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireplace

• 26-04-2024 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Deleted

Post edited by banabythe bear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Hi, who installed the OSB? It's too close to the hearth, as far as I know it needs a min of a 30cm separation from the front of the fireplace. It all needs to be cut back and the hearth installed to at least the min spec.

https://www.hi-flame.ie/pages/installation-advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3 banabythe bear

Thanks for the advice 10-10-20 much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Once you have your osb cut back at the front or all around you should prime the concrete floor before putting in your sand and cement mix to give yourself a little platform to tile. Some people keep it only about 50 -60mm high at the front and use grantite. If there was enough room you could lay block on flat at the front and tile on to them. If it's a stove you are putting in I think you will have to come out more than a foot at the front.

A nice black slate like tile with a chrome trim would look well with a black stove with silver handle, make sure the tiles are laid on a solid bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 banabythe bear

Ah great stuff, thanks for all the info you've given me much appreciated.

Advertisement