Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basil Yellowing (New Foliage)

Options
  • 27-04-2024 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

I have been growing a lot of basil plants this year (30) and all was going fine until this week when they started producing yellow leaves. At first, I thought it might be an iron deficiency but this couldn't happen to this many plants at the same time. I am now thinking that I might have overfed it. I bottom-fed it with 6-3-10 tomato feed on the 9th and again on the 18th of April. Within a day or two I started to notice the yellowing on new leaves. I put a small pinch of sulfate of iron around each plant a few days ago but I don't think this is the problem It's now been 9 days. What should I do if anything?

Advertisement