Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless Vouchers application?

Options
  • 29-04-2024 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Might be errors in my message below due to learning problems so take it easy on me haha

Been homeless for about 2 years I think, I'm not really sure how long, slept on the street and peoples couches at the moment. I managed to make my way to Co. Donegal sometime last year and joined the CE Scheme cleaning the street and doing odd jobs for them. I suffer from bad mental health and spent 5 months in a private hospital due to it. I'm still suffering from depression, lack of sleep and pains in my knee when its cold outside and being in Ireland doesn't help haha I was wondering if anyone knows how long does the homeless vouchers last or how many do you get? would it be per day or per week? I handed in the homeless forums today but the lady I was speaking to last time wasn't in today. I would ask them those questions but they are pretty rude as in they are looking down on me, I could be wrong but I feel like I could snap with the lack of sleep and I feel like I can't control my emotions, I never thought I would have ever be this depressed and not being able to control my mind is making it hard to find help when I need it. I'm filling out a council housing application but know that can take years but all I care about is having a place to relax and away from the weather.

Much appreciated and thanks.

Edit: Forgot to add, been working since I was 18 up until I was 29 of last years if that makes any difference and been on illness benefits when I was in hospital as I was working at the time. I got off the illness benefits as I wanted to do some work instead of doing nothing, keeps my mind busy

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamesEiR3

55 euros for a voucher for 7 nights in a B&B/Hostel. They are also helping me getting support with mental health services and GP in the town

Advertisement