Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway 5km Series

Options
  • 01-05-2024 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Anyone doing this this year?

Week 2 was last night in Tuam

Found the start line to be a bit of a mess. Everyone was coming from the in front of the start line at the beginning, so people were jumping in towards the front, who had no need to be there.

I was hoping for < 20, but must have spent the first km trying to jump around much slower runners.

Try again next week so in Caltra.

Haven't done that course since 2019 - I've completely forgotten what it's like top be honest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

Yes noticed this Tuam and not seen it before

I am running under 18 min and slowed me also

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭CuriousCucumber

Got myself a much better starting spot for Caltra, and was basically able to run in a straight line for the first 2km without needing to jump around anyone.

Made all the difference as I took 36seconds off of my time from Tuam

Loughrea this week. Very challenging course. Should be able to pb the course, but wont be an overall pb.

Advertisement