Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dublin airport

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭eagerv

I didn't actually know that is the location of the Applegreen chargers, I always turn left at Ballymun junction and take the route to airport along by main runway. Convenient for Blue and Red carparks.

Very handy if need a quick charge..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭markpb

I’ve parked my Model X in all the airport car parks including Express Red and never had a problem with space. There are plenty of city centre car parks that I won’t venture near but that’s because of ramp width and turning radius, not the spaces themselves. The EV9 is a touch over 10mm narrower than the Model X.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭obi604

Thanks, but on a Sunday morning at about 10am, the traffic should not be too bad I guess

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

you'll be grand so getting to that Applegreen either way (M50 - M1 - Swords Road, or M50 - Santry Ave - Swords Road)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Its the car park I use when travelling from Dublin Airport, but it's always full of people who park in a rush in my experience.

• Advertisement

Just some closure 🤓🤓

I did this journey today. Left home in Galway with 100% battery. Got to Applegreen Santry with 48% battery left. This was 192km and essentially all on M4/M6

So 52% battery to do the journey. I plugged in and charged to 75% which took 20 minutes. this should be plenty to get me home again.

had cruise on at 110kph most of the way. Started off and temp was about 13 degrees, was 22 degrees when I got to Dublin airport. Dry roads, no rain, didn’t use any climate control etc. 4 people in car. 2 adults, 2 kids. A few bags.

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Happy days, enjoy the holidays 👍🏻

Good thing you went for Santry and not Clonsaugh. I swung by earlier and there were two lads hanging around the Ecars charger looking confused, one on the phone about to plug in an EV6

Maybe they were new to it, but possibly the charger is fooked and they were calling customer service

Was tempted to tell them to go to Santry instead, those new Circle K chargers can't come fast enough

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

👍👍

Thanks to yourself and all the others for all the help.
    Like this time I got there with 48% left. In high winter could be 35 % left. Hard to know unless you do some real world trips.

Post edited by obi604 on

and to fully finalise the story :)

Left Dublin airport with 75% battery. I set cruise at 120kph, around Athlone I decided I needed to slow down a bit to conserve the battery. Set cruise at 100kph about 10km before Athlone.

Made it home with 10% battery. Temps were between 9 and 12 C. Dry roads, no rain, no climate control

Used 52% battery on the way up.
    Used 65% battery on the way down………so 25% more - fair jump !!

if I stayed going at 120kph, I would have needed a quick charge I think.

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

That difference between 100 or 110 and 120km/h always surprised me.

The old Leaf 62kWh I had would make Wexford to Dublin and back without charging if I stuck to 110km/h. If I stuck it at 120km/h on the CC I'd be charging in Gorey on the way back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Moderate head wind travelling west in Ireland in general, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Advertisement