Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiritly.com- anybody used them?

Options
  • 01-05-2024 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Anybody used spiritly.com before? based in Belfast and they use DPD Ireland to ship down here…

They've said there's no extra charges that will apply (eg customs / excise) - but not sure if I believe them because they're shipping from outside of Republic - but do different rules apply for purchasing from Northern Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Their site says:

For deliveries heading outside the UK, VAT will not be charged. However, your order may be subject to local sales taxes and duties upon arrival in your chosen country, imposed when the package clears customs. The recipient is responsible for any additional charges. Since customs policies differ significantly between countries, we cannot control these charges; hence, you should contact your local customs office for more information.

which is correct. If you order from them, the shipment may be seized until the Irish dues are paid on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭grizzcol2

I asked them directly that if they're shipping down south would excise / custom duties still be applied

they replied back with no further charges would apply - they dispatch all goods using next day delivery using DPD ireland

they are technically correct in that they dont charge anything else but u run the risk of it being seized i suppose

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

They are, at best, being disingenuous with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,349 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

if DPD is transporting it, it will need to deal with all taxes, customs and paperwork or else it will risk its ability to continue operating in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭squonk

I ordered from them once. I hadn’t realised at the tune that they were shipping from the UK as I was under the impression they were shopping from the republic. My order arrived safe and sound with no further customs charges but I fell through the cracks I guess. I’ve not ordered with them since. I find it disingenuous that they show prices in € when shipping from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭dmc17

Their prices seem to have gone up a bit lately

Advertisement